Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day First Tooth

After months and MONTHS of drooling, gnawing, and "he must be teething" excuses, Smoosh FINALLY cut his first tooth on Sunday! He had been up a few times shrieking so I could tell something was a little different, and there it was, his first little fang.

Some husbands seem to take this holiday as an opportunity to get something for their wives once they become a mother, but I will just wait for my first drawing or macaroni necklace from my sweet child himself. Not that I would have turned down a gift, but since we like to decide on all purchases together, it didn't really seem like a top priority.

Smooshie and I had quite a nice day together on a photo shoot that I was actually modeling in, not photographing! It has been AWHILE since I have been in front of the camera and it was fun getting my hair and make up done and lounging around drinking chardonnay instead of freaking out, metering, etc. Smoosh hung out in his travel crib and had a grand time being fawned over by the models. Then after bedtime routine, DH made a lovely candlelight dinner for us.

Monday I had to work, an all-day fashion shoot in the city so DH took Smoosh for the whole day. The first and last time we did this it didn't go well, but this time went perfectly. They had a great day hanging out, for a run at the park. He didn't take a bottle all day, just ate some food I made for him and LOTS of Puffs! I think he may be 99% Puff.

Yesterday we had a check-up, I guess it was his 8 month? He will be 8 months in a few days! He is doing great - in the 95th % for height and 75th for weight. Not as chubby as I thought haha.

No comments: