Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!



Last night he really out did himself with the non sleeping. Why, Smooshie, why?! Sigh. It feels like one step forward, two steps back with the sleeping sometimes. I can't believe I had him on 1 feeding per night and was so sure we would be sleeping through the night by the new year.. LAst night was HELL. And he doesn't want the bottle from my husband. Well, he drinks it but then he wants to play. Only nursing puts him back to sleep.. over and over and over.. I am going a little crazy I think! Not to mention, he takes NO naps. Seriously, 10 minutes after nursing total per day. I was talking to my mom about it and she said she once knew a baby who didn't nap at all.. That would have been me.

We had a really fun day yesterday. My Valentine's present was a shopping spree! Now that I have the bigger jeans, I seriously needed some new shirts that 1. Fit 2. I can nurse in. I got lots of flowy tunics and loose cardigan things so I can stop feeling like a stuffed sausage.

Of course, I had to get Smoosh a few things - some beautiful Petite Bataue long sleeve onesies (one is 50% wool - genius!) and a little Ralph Lauren romper for our trip to St.Thomas next week. :)

Then we headed to Buy Buy Baby for our newest purchase, le travel stroller. I decided we needed something that I could carry on the subway, in the airport and on trips when the Uppa Baby is too big and heavy to bring. As a sidenote, I do have to say Thank God for the Uppa and it's SUV wheels this week in the snow! I have been crushing through snowdrifts, pools of grey sludge, icy crosswalks.. the thing really performs! Anyway, after reading a ton of reviews I decided on the MacLaren Volo. It is their lightest stroller. It folds up easily, has a little strap to carry it, and it is super cute in black and white. I hear it is great quality and really does last forever so hopefully that is true and we will be pushing Smoosh off to preschool in it someday.

No comments: