Sunday, February 21, 2010

At the beach...

So Smoosh and I are on our own down in the Caribbean at my parent's house. I was super nervous about the flight (I hate flying and cry for days before), but it was pretty good. I got upgraded to 1st class which definitely helped since we had plenty of space to get up and down and nurse and scatter toys around. Even though we got up at 3AM for the airport, he managed to only nap for about 20 minutes the entire day. He spent most of the flight making his pterodactyl shrieking noises and wanting to stand and jump. Oh well, everyone was nice and said he was wonderful anyway. It has been pretty rainy this weekend so I hope to get some better shots in the next few days...



Here he is at the beach yesterday, looking like such a big boy. He has a bunch of 9 month summer clothes that people bought him but they fit now so I am glad he has somewhere to wear them!

Sleep is still a massive problem so I am doing an experiment in sleep training tonight. :( The last week he has been up every hour or 2 to nurse. Last night he nursed for 20 minutes every hour! Even Dr.Sears says this is not normal at his age, and I can't have an all night milk bar going. He also manages to roll himself over to me and cries if I won't feed him. At this point, I feel like he is getting out of control. He is huge for his age and very willful. I feel like if I don't put my foot down now, he is going to be running ALL over me. Soon he will be crawling over and pulling my top off and helping himself whenever he wants! So, while I am here at my parent's, with an extra bedroom and concrete walls, I am letting him cry. It is hard, but at this point I know he is OK and I know I have to do something to get this under control. He went to bed at 7 so I will go get him and nurse him every 3 hours tonight. I am not about to leave him in there ALL night, that is not for me. I think this is reasonable. When I checked on him after an hour, he was awake fussing and took it up to full screaming when he saw me so I left. Now I just checked again (30 mins later) and he is fast asleep. YAYY. Tiny victory. It's going to be a long night, but I think it is all for the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude- in a sunny place?! jealous!!!