Monday, June 15, 2009

27 weeks 1 day

We just got back from a wonderful weekend in the Hampton's with my BFF at her parent's house. It was soo nice.

We actually had a tiny bit of a scare last week. On Thursday I had painful cramps all evening, like horrible period cramps. I looked in the baby books and the description definitely fit Braxton Hicks contractions, except for the painful part. Since they were pretty much continuous and not in a pattern/close together, I decided to wait until the morning to call the doctor. She had me come in to check for early labor signs just in case and everything was fine. Of course, I wasn't feeling them when she had me on the monitor and I think she sort of thinks I was just having gas pains or something, but I know they weren't. My mom says that I am just more sensitive to pain, and I always have been. Great. This does not bode well for my natural birth plan, but I am going to do my best.

Saturday AM we went and picked up our first farm share, which was great. We got arugula, red lettuce, pea shoots, radishes, asperagus, leeks, rhubarb, and a TON of strawberries. Our flower share was two potted plants which hadn't flowered yet. I have horrible luck with plants so I was worried, but I put them out on the balcony and miracle-of-miracles, one of them has flowered while we were gone! The strawberries are so amazing - red all the way through and so sweet. Nothing like the Driscoll berries I got at the grocery store last week which I am sure were artificially ripened and covered in pesticide. Gross.

After that we headed out to the Hamptons and the weather was beautiful. We had a big BBQ dinner which was amazing. Sunday we went over to the Outlets because I wanted to check Pottery Barn for cribs. No cribs in sight, but they had amazing baby clothes! Cashmere body suits marked down from $80 to $5!! We got just a few things (still on a serious budget) and my BFF got Mason an outfit and a pack of bibs. I plan on going back as SOON as my next quarter checks start coming in, I could have spent QUITE a bit more time there. :) We spent the rest of the day reading by the pool, then ordered pizza and had a sing a long. I am really looking forward to being able to drink again, but a sing along is always fun no matter what. Today the weather was even more amazing and we came back to the city around 12. Back to work.




More good news, we have wonderful neighbors! Our downstairs neighbors offered us a baby swing which I am more than happy to take off my registry! AND our upstairs neighbors left us a box of amazing homemade pastries she made in pastry school! Yum!!

Tonight I think I will make asperagus pasta with pea shoots and a big salad. Pastries and strawberries for dinner. :)

No comments: