Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crazies!

Today everything feels crazy. First of all, it is the end of June and it is cold and pouring rain....AGAIN. The neighbors upstairs have been doing construction for the last 2 months and this morning they were drilling and it was SO loud, drilling into my brain and making everyone feel insane. The dog babies get stressed out from the noise (yes, they are very sensitive) and Lloyd has been throwing up from the stress. Then I heard a blood curdling scream and looked out the window and a girl was freaking out in the street. She looked SO upset and was screaming and stomping her foot. The deli owner ran over and got out his cell phone, but I couldn't tell what on earth was going on.. it was very strange.

Then DH and I had an appointment with our accountant uptown. A crazy man passed by muttering something angry at us and DH said "It's funny how things that would normally just be slightly annoying, now take a whole different meaning when I am with my pregnant wife. I immediately think what would be the fastest way to kill that guy if I needed to". How crazy! I guess men go through biological changes with a baby coming and go into super animal protection mode.

DH went straight to work and I had another crazy on my train car back to Brooklyn, but just some singing and strange noises. It was pouring rain and so windy and as I was walking the 8 blocks or so from the train to our apartment, a man struck up a conversation with me.. very odd. He said he was on my train car and started asking me about my pregnancy and things.. I veered off asap and went a different way home. Finally I was ALMOST home, a few steps from my door, and a skinny middle aged women looks at my belly and yells "TWINS!! TWINS!!??" !! WHat?? Is it crazy day? Twins? I am only 28 weeks and I am not that big, am I?

Needless to say, I am not leaving the house again today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love the random comments that people throw at you just because you are pregnant??