Sunday, September 6, 2009

39 weeks today!

Madame Zaritska's reading

Madame Zaritska, our resident clairvoyant, wants to help you prepare for the arrival of your child. Here she does her best to predict certain aspects of your labor and birth experience.

What she senses for you

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the morning.
After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 12 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have blue eyes and dark hair.


I finally gave in and did this online birth prediction, and I must say I like it! Haha, how awesome would a 3 hour labor be?!

DH and I had the nicest day yesterday playing tourist. We picked up our CSA then went to the Jeep repair place in the city (way over on 11th avenue and 51st street) to repair the damage done by me/the bus on Thursday night. Since we had tons of time to kill, we went for lunch, then walked down to the Intrepid battle ship museum, then out on one of the piers where they had water fountains and kids running around.. Then we walked over through Hells Kitchen and got organic smoothies, then over to Times Square. I don't think I have been to Times Square in years! They have the roads blocked off now so it was pretty fun walking around and gawking at everything! Then we walked over to 5th avenue and hung out in Barnes & Noble for awhile. All together I must have walked a few miles for SURE, I was dying! If this doesn't start labor (combined with all the sexy time we have been having), I don't know what will!

This was a bit of a set back money wise, the bill came to $2000 because we also needed new brakes, pads, roters, whatever. We are just looking on the bright side - good thing I hit that bus and we had to come in and get the car checked. Otherwise, the brakes could have given out with the baby in the car.. disaster averted. Still a difficult pill to swallow.

When we got home I took a long bath and we made home made pizza which was delicious. I think I was asleep by 9:30!

And now today we are 39 weeks.. WOW. I have my prenatal massage in an hour and I will be sure let her know that if she is aware of any labor-inducing pressure points she may feel free to press on them by all means. :)

No comments: