Thursday, March 5, 2009

NT Scan & Diapering

We had the NT scan on Tuesday, I have just been too busy to write about it yet because I am actually felling better YAYYY so I have actually been out and about doing things!
The doctor was a grumpy old Indian man who I was not a huge fan of, but oh well. The table was sort of against the wall in a corner so I was to tall for it and had to have my legs sort of up on the wall. There was an internal US - which I inserted MYSELF (weird?- better than him I guess) AND an external. We were there for about 2 hours waiting for the baby to move the right way so he could get the measurements he needed. Apparently it is because I have a tilted uterus which makes things more "technically difficult". I asked if he could see the sex at all and he snapped at me about having to do what he needed to do first. Whatever, seeing the baby kicking around and seeing its bones and spine and ribs and little fingers was the most amazing thing. Glad he isn't my regular doctor.
My baby research of the week has focused on diapering. At first DH and I were not into the idea of cloth at all. But of course, after researching and seeing the creepy chemicals put in diapers and how awful the plastic is for their skin, I just don't think I can do that to the baby. Or the planet. We will see, I think I will buy some cloth all in ones, and a few packs of Seventh Generation as well and see how it goes. Maybe cloth at home and SG when we are out and about? Even my mom who is a total hippy isn't into the idea. She said she tried it with me and it was gross and soggy and gave me a rash anyway, but I don't know. I think they have come a long way in the last 30 years, and once she sees how cute they are....

No comments: