Thursday, January 15, 2009

Driving & Heaving

Today I went on a big shopping mission to get ready for DH's birthday tomorrow and I am exhausted! I know driving to Target and then the grocery store by yourself isn't much of a feat in most parts of the country, but in Brooklyn this is a huge day. Non stop traffic, honking, screeching, snow, black ice, yelling, no parking, detours, the dirty mall with one working toilet (yes, this is the only target in the NYC area). Finished the day off with dry heaving into an empty Target bag all the way home on the BQE (Brooklyn Queens Expressway), where it is actually impossible to pull off the road or even exit to a place where I could take a break. And I had to leave all the heavy stuff in the car because I just can't drag it all up the 5 flights of stairs. Isn't New York glamorous? Aren't I glad I live here, when I could live in a mansion almost anywhere else in country for what our apartment costs? Oh yes, but not for too much longer.

Now I am home and warm and happy and I am about to start making one of DH's favorite childhood meals, Shepherds Pie! I got fresh ground lamb and fresh veggies. Yum!

No comments: