Sunday, July 19, 2009

32 Weeks!

32 weeks today and things are starting to get done! The crib is sitting in giant boxes in the living room waiting to be put together as soon as DH wakes up. Poor thing, he had a a big show Friday night and had a little bit of a sore throat, then woke up yesterday morning with a fever and feeling awful. He was too sick to go out so I picked up our CSA (amazing this week) then trotted over to the baby store to buy the crib. I have a Jeep Liberty but it is pretty full of band equipment and the crib boxes were huge and so the wonderful owner offered to bring it by our apartment after the store closed that night. SO nice!

Then I had my mommy-to-be meeting at Urban Rustic. Not as many people today, but it was fun. The group leader actually had her baby so she was there with the baby and her mom. Her mom is an acupuncturist and was a L&D nurse so she was great to talk to. The baby was very small and sweet and her birth story was encouraging - 7 hour labor 10 days before her due date. That's what I like to hear.

Also, my copy of B is For Bob arrived which I won off of another blog which will not be named (OK, it was celebritybabyscoop.com but I swear I do NOT read celebrity gossip, ask anyone). It is a compilation of Bob Marley songs re mixed by Ziggy Marley for babies and kids - so cute.



I can't wait to set up the crib, but it looks pretty complicated so I better not touch anything until DH wakes up. It also weighs about a million pounds since it is solid wood, not a creepy chemical laden compound. Next decision: crib mattress. Sigh. I was thinking IKEA, but they are pretty flimsy and thin. The owner at Mini Jake showed me their selection and the most popular seems to be the foam mattresses from Moonlight Slumber. They are non toxic, flame resistant, antiallergenic, antimicrobial, hypoallergenic and WATERPROOF which is pretty cool. You don't actually even need a mattress pad at all with them which is pretty amazing (I could take that $70 organic waterproof mattress pad off my registry). They have one for $170, then a fancier one for $250. The fancier one actually has two sides - one is really firm for the newborn, and the other is softer memory foam for when they get older. Hmm. I will let DH call this I think.

I think I am going to get try to "nest" (aka clean) a little bit. I have to catch it when I have the feeling, it doesn't happen often.

No comments: