Thursday, July 9, 2009

Updates and Things

I couldn't think of a title for this post!

I had another appointment with a new doctor today, and I think I liked her best of all. She was so cool and asked me all about myself and the baby, not rushed at all even though I was late. I have gained 27 pounds, which she says is a little much, but since I started out "underweight" I am fine to gain 35 lbs. Ah, New York, they love to try to keep you skinny. She said to watch my carbs and sugar or my baby could be too big and difficult to get out - creeps! She also asked about my mom's labors and how much my sister and I weighed at birth. Everyone is just different, and there is no way for her to know what I am eating, how I ate before. Honestly, nothing has really changed. I am pretty much eating exactly the same as I did before. I guess 27 lbs is a lot of weight, but it really is only in my belly so far. My maternity jeans still fit (although they are getting a bit tight) so my butt and thighs can't be TOO much bigger! Oh well.

I did make myself ill last night. We went to Trader Joe's and I just had to have the 5 layer bean dip, so that was our dinner. I think that would have been fine, but then I totally overdid it on the dried mangoes as well.. And I am eating more of them now - stop!!
I also got the bake-at-home artisanal bread and made the yummiest bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches this morning. Tonight, I think a stir fry type thing with chicken and broccoli, carrots and bok choy from the farmer's market.

I am reading "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" which is interesting. I am not really crazy about this woman, but I got the book for free and I might as well hear what she has to say. I really don't know how I feel about these "sleep schedules" but people are pretty crazy about it on both sides. Seeing as crating the dogs lasted about 2 seconds and they have been in the bed ever since, I don't think I am going to be much of a sleep trainer. At the same time, I don't want the baby in bed with us forever like I was with my parents. Privacy is going to be an issue at some point.

I am really hoping to get a big check tomorrow so we can go to Ikea this weekend, I think it is time to make the pile in the corner start to resemble somewhere a baby will be living in 2 short months!

No comments: