Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baby Shower :)



The shower was soo beautiful. I took this one photo at the beginning, then abandoned my camera for the rest of the party, but I am sure I will post a few more when I get them from my mom and sister.

The shower was held at this beautiful historic townhouse a few blocks away from me in Brooklyn that my mom rented for the week. She made patchwork cloth flags and hung them around the house and the backyard. We had big centerpieces of zinnias from the local farmers market, and It's A Boy helium balloons drifting around. We made Thyme Lemonade and had Trader Joes White wine and coolers of Brooklyn Lager summer ale.

The food was light, but delicious. My favorite was a watermelon salad with ricotta salata and fresh mint. So good! There was also a cherry tomato and goat cheese salad (yummy golden and red local tomatoes) , grilled zucchini and squash with goat cheese and basil and fresh baguettes. My mom made an amazing simple white cake and also bought a big beautiful fruit tart...

It was really fun, the guys mostly hung out outside drinking and the ladies inside.. DH and I opened the presents together and got some amazing things, we are so thankful. We got lots of great clothes, the Svan bouncer and high chair, Bebe Cook, lots of bibs (lots!), stuffed animals, a baby folk guitar (!).. really adorable things.

At the end, DHs band jammed outside for awhile as the party winded down. Everyone said it was the most shower they have even been to, but since none of our friends have kids I doubt they have been to very many! Still a wonderful thing to hear. I am so thankful to my sister and mom for all the work they did.

No comments: